While Surfing the net I came across this interesting recipe of Whole wheat cake. I felt it worth giving it a shot. I prepared it with some of my personal modification. It turned out just awesome. No one could ever tell you if it is made from whole wheat & that too without any sugar added to it. Yes all natural sugar. This cake stood true to the regular one, it had the moistness, taste. It is healthy, guilt free & tasty. We rarely get all the 3 combination Healthy, Tasty, Guilt Free.
- 1 ⅓ cup Whole Wheat flour
- 325 gms. Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Butter (Room Temp)
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1-2 tbs. Splenda (Optional.)
- A pinch Salt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 ½ cup Warm milk
- 3-4 tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ½ cups Any Nuts (Walnuts, Almonds, Cashew, and Pistachio etc.)
- Pulse the Dates in a blender (Keep the consistency as per your preference. I completely crushed them)
- Pre-Heat Oven at 180 ° C or (350 ° F).
- In a bowl Add butter + Oil & Flour. Rub it with hands and ensure that the flour is moist.
- Add Cocoa powder + Salt + Baking Powder + Baking Soda + Splenda (Optional) & mix well.
- In half cup milk add Vinegar + Vanilla Essence
- Add the Dates mixture to the flour + 1/2 cup milk. Stir well
- Now add the remaining Milk to mix.
- Add half of the Nuts
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin.
- Drizzle the remaining nuts over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 mins. (Keep checking the cake after 45 mins.)
- Insert a toothpick or knife. If it comes out clean remove from the oven.
- After 10 mins remove from the Tin
- Let it cool & then serve.