I prepared these peanut butter bars with a lot of ease. Looking at the gorgeous design on them most of them will say “it seems to be a complicated recipe” ,but the secret is that it is the most simple & easy recipe that anybody can make. They taste amazing too. I prepared them using sugar free chocolate to cut down a bit of calories (Not that it’s absolutely guilt free, but still cutting down some of it.. 😉 lol) Here goes the Recipe. Do try it out!!
200 gms digestive biscuits
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (120 gms)
200 gms dark chocolate (I used sugar free, You can use regular one too)
2 tbs peanut butter (for the chocolate)
2 tbs peanut butter(for the marble design)
Note : Require parchment paper & a square tin (8X8 inches) to set the peanut bars
1. In a food processor crush all the digestive biscuits. Once it is grounded add the melted butter & the ½ cup of peanut butter. Again blend well till all the ingredients form into sand like texture.
2. Grease the square tin & place the parchment paper on to it. (ensure that it is big enough to pull the bars out when they are set)
3. Spread the biscuit mixture evenly in the tin. Press it gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to make a smooth layer.
4. In a double boiler melt the chocolate & 2 tbs of peanut butter. Mix well until it melts & combine properly.
5. Now pour this melted chocolate on to the biscuit layer in the tin.
6. Spread it well covering all the corners & ensuring a smooth even layer.
7. In a separate pan melt the other 2 tbs of peanut butter
8. With the help of a spoon pour the peanut butter on to the melted chocolate layer. Pour drops on different areas(don’t pour all at once in one place, since we need to create a marble effect)
9. Make swirls with the help of a butter knife or back of the spoon to create marble effect texture 10. Refrigerate it to set for around 3-4 hrs
11. Once set with the help of the parchment paper pull the slab out & cut into bars. The peanut butter bars are ready