One of my favorite tea time bites is the carrot cake. It comes out perfect every time and has a delectably amazing flavor of all spice along with the light & spongy texture. The best bet is that it is sugar free & you don’t really have to count the sugar calorie count. Here goes the recipe. Hope you enjoy making it.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup grated Carrot
- ¾ cup Splenda (or any other sugar free powder)
- 1 tsp chai powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup Luke warm milk
- 2 tbs walnuts chopped finely
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius
- Sieve all-purpose flour in a bowl, Add Salt + Baking powder + Baking Soda + Spice powder(Chai & cinnamon) + Splenda + grated carrot + walnuts. Whisk all these together.
- Mix yogurt + oil in a separate bowl, whisk together to combine.
- Pour the above wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix & combine well. Add milk & vinegar to the batter (Start by adding half the quantity of the milk & then add the rest based on the consistency. It shouldn’t be very thin)
- Grease the cake tin with oil
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and place it inside the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins
- Check the cake with a skewer after 25 minutes by poking it in. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. If not, keep for some more time.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and let it cool. Then using a knife, loosen the edges, and take the cake out. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or frost it with some cream cheese frosting and enjoy the light & spongy carrot cake with tea, coffee or just as it is!