What should I make for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner?That’s the biggest question I guess most of us women encounter daily. Then be it, it’s for any meal of the day. I personally list out the items that I would prepare for the week & plan out the grocery list to make them. I believe it’s a very challenging task to plan out your grocery shopping for the whole week ensuring that what you are planning to make is everyone’s favorite and the most important thing, it’s not a repeated. The other day I realized that all the breakfast items were checked & I was left with no other variety even though the grocery stock was in plenty. I decided to try something new and different, after having a quick peek at the available material I thought of making vegetable muffins from flattened rice (Poha). Yes Poha, doesn’t that sound interesting? It was my first shot which was a big hit at home. My husband just loved it!! The veg muffins turned out to be tasty & very healthy too (Minus the Cheese J). You can make them one day in advance & serve them for breakfast the next day. You can even pack them for picnics, school or work. Hope you try it & let me know your experience.
This recipe will yield 12 cupcakes. Happy Cooking !!
- 1 Cup of Flattened rice (Poha) – crushed in blender to coarse powder
- ½ cup Chopped Potatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Onions
- Handful finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbs. Green Chilly paste
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- 1-2 tbs. Peanuts or chopped cashews
- 1 tbs. Sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbs. Cheese (Optional)
- 2 sachet of Eno (Fruit Salt)
- 2-3 tbs. Olive Oil (Optional- If you are a diet conscious skip it or add around 1-2 tsp)
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbs. Yogurt
- Cheese for Topping(Optional)
- Any Sauce of your choice to top the muffin
- Cup Cake Liners
- Cup Cake pan for 12 cup Cakes
Note: You can use any veggies of your choice. Adding Chopped Carrots, Corn would also taste great.
- In a bowl Mix the Flattened rice powder + Potatoes + Onion + Green Peas + Cilantro + Chillies + Salt + Sugar+ Peanut.
- Add 3 tbs. of Yogurt + 1 cup of water. Mix well and let it rest for around 10 to 15 mins.
- 5 mins. past pre heat the Oven at 180 ° C or (350 ° F).
- After 15 mins. add the remaining 1 tbs. yogurt + ½ cup water + Oil & empty the 2 eno sachet into the mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of water & mix well.
- Arrange the cupcake liners into the cake pan.
- Drop equal proportion of the mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle some cheese & Bake it for 30 – 35 mins (Until golden)
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan & let it cool for 15 mins.
- Top it with your choice of sauce & serve.