A while ago, I realized my love for Sky Stories & decided to capture them in my camera. In our busy lives we usually tend to miss the beauty of Mother nature surrounding us. I personally feel that they are the natural healers. I have experienced the calmness & serenity by just sitting & looking at the beautiful things around. It helps me relieve stress & helps me to energize myself to fight back & get to my routine life. I have developed this hobby of figuring out the stories that the sky writes with the help all that is available to it, Birds, Sun, Clouds,Planes etc. All these combine & blends into a beautiful story.
Last month on my way back from San Fransisco ,I had this beautiful encounter in the sky from my flight. The sky looked like an ocean with huge waves of clouds hitting the shore. The shades of orange, white & grey looked so amazing. It was indeed a beautiful sight & a breathtaking view.. Thank God I didn’t miss it!!!
My husband is a foodie & loves to relish every bit of the food I cook. He is a big time fan of Indo Chinese food. Few days back I was left with an excess stock of Mushrooms. My Husband came up with this Idea of me making them in an Indo Chinese way. These Indo Chinese Mushrooms turned out really good. It is a spicy dish that you can eat is a main course with some bread or serve it as an Entrée.
Doesn’t the below pic look so beautiful & tempting? Hope you make it & give your self a spicy treat. Happy Cooking!!
- 2 cups Portobello mushroom chunks
- 1 large onion slits
- 1 large bell pepper slits (I took Yellow & Red Peppers – The Colors in the dish look Fab)
- 1-2 tbs. ginger paste
- 1-2 tbs. garlic paste
- 1-2 chilli slits
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to coat mushrooms
- 2 tsp. red chilli sauce
- 1 tbs. soya sauce
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli pd
- 1 tsp. turmeric pd
Note: You can always adjust the spicy sauces based on your taste & preferences.
- Boil mushrooms in a pan with turmeric powder and a little salt.
- Strain the water & towel dry the mushrooms.
- Microwave a little butter (Around 1 tsp) and pour over on the dried mushrooms and sprinkle pepper powder. Coat them well.
- In a separate pan heat butter, pour few drops of regular oil to avoid butter from getting burnt.
- Add onions add garlic and ginger paste. Cook until pink.
- Add Bell peppers cook for 2 mins
- Add Salt + Garam masala + Chilli Slits + Chilli powder+ Red Shilli sauce + Soya sauce.
- Mix well until the mixture starts leaving sides
- Add the coated mushrooms cook for 5-10 mins
- Serve Hot.
What should I make for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner?That’s the biggest question I guess most of us women encounter daily. Then be it, it’s for any meal of the day. I personally list out the items that I would prepare for the week & plan out the grocery list to make them. I believe it’s a very challenging task to plan out your grocery shopping for the whole week ensuring that what you are planning to make is everyone’s favorite and the most important thing, it’s not a repeated. The other day I realized that all the breakfast items were checked & I was left with no other variety even though the grocery stock was in plenty. I decided to try something new and different, after having a quick peek at the available material I thought of making vegetable muffins from flattened rice (Poha). Yes Poha, doesn’t that sound interesting? It was my first shot which was a big hit at home. My husband just loved it!! The veg muffins turned out to be tasty & very healthy too (Minus the Cheese J). You can make them one day in advance & serve them for breakfast the next day. You can even pack them for picnics, school or work. Hope you try it & let me know your experience.
This recipe will yield 12 cupcakes. Happy Cooking !!
- 1 Cup of Flattened rice (Poha) – crushed in blender to coarse powder
- ½ cup Chopped Potatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Onions
- Handful finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbs. Green Chilly paste
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- 1-2 tbs. Peanuts or chopped cashews
- 1 tbs. Sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbs. Cheese (Optional)
- 2 sachet of Eno (Fruit Salt)
- 2-3 tbs. Olive Oil (Optional- If you are a diet conscious skip it or add around 1-2 tsp)
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbs. Yogurt
- Cheese for Topping(Optional)
- Any Sauce of your choice to top the muffin
- Cup Cake Liners
- Cup Cake pan for 12 cup Cakes
Note: You can use any veggies of your choice. Adding Chopped Carrots, Corn would also taste great.
- In a bowl Mix the Flattened rice powder + Potatoes + Onion + Green Peas + Cilantro + Chillies + Salt + Sugar+ Peanut.
- Add 3 tbs. of Yogurt + 1 cup of water. Mix well and let it rest for around 10 to 15 mins.
- 5 mins. past pre heat the Oven at 180 ° C or (350 ° F).
- After 15 mins. add the remaining 1 tbs. yogurt + ½ cup water + Oil & empty the 2 eno sachet into the mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of water & mix well.
- Arrange the cupcake liners into the cake pan.
- Drop equal proportion of the mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle some cheese & Bake it for 30 – 35 mins (Until golden)
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan & let it cool for 15 mins.
- Top it with your choice of sauce & serve.