My husband is a foodie & loves to relish every bit of the food I cook. He is a big time fan of Indo Chinese food. Few days back I was left with an excess stock of Mushrooms. My Husband came up with this Idea of me making them in an Indo Chinese way. These Indo Chinese Mushrooms turned out really good. It is a spicy dish that you can eat is a main course with some bread or serve it as an Entrée.
Doesn’t the below pic look so beautiful & tempting? Hope you make it & give your self a spicy treat. Happy Cooking!!
- 2 cups Portobello mushroom chunks
- 1 large onion slits
- 1 large bell pepper slits (I took Yellow & Red Peppers – The Colors in the dish look Fab)
- 1-2 tbs. ginger paste
- 1-2 tbs. garlic paste
- 1-2 chilli slits
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to coat mushrooms
- 2 tsp. red chilli sauce
- 1 tbs. soya sauce
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli pd
- 1 tsp. turmeric pd
- Paper Towel
Note: You can always adjust the spicy sauces based on your taste & preferences.
- Boil mushrooms in a pan with turmeric powder and a little salt.
- Strain the water & towel dry the mushrooms.
- Microwave a little butter (Around 1 tsp) and pour over on the dried mushrooms and sprinkle pepper powder. Coat them well.
- In a separate pan heat butter, pour few drops of regular oil to avoid butter from getting burnt.
- Add onions add garlic and ginger paste. Cook until pink.
- Add Bell peppers cook for 2 mins
- Add Salt + Garam masala + Chilli Slits + Chilli powder+ Red Shilli sauce + Soya sauce.
- Mix well until the mixture starts leaving sides
- Add the coated mushrooms cook for 5-10 mins
- Serve Hot.