While Surfing the net I came across this interesting recipe of Whole wheat cake. I felt it worth giving it a shot. I prepared it with some of my personal modification. It turned out just awesome. No one could ever tell you if it is made from whole wheat & that too without any sugar added to it. Yes all natural sugar. This cake stood true to the regular one, it had the moistness, taste. It is healthy, guilt free & tasty. We rarely get all the 3 combination Healthy, Tasty, Guilt Free.
- 1 ⅓ cup Whole Wheat flour
- 325 gms. Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Butter (Room Temp)
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1-2 tbs. Splenda (Optional.)
- A pinch Salt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 ½ cup Warm milk
- 3-4 tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ½ cups Any Nuts (Walnuts, Almonds, Cashew, and Pistachio etc.)
- Pulse the Dates in a blender (Keep the consistency as per your preference. I completely crushed them)
- Pre-Heat Oven at 180 ° C or (350 ° F).
- In a bowl Add butter + Oil & Flour. Rub it with hands and ensure that the flour is moist.
- Add Cocoa powder + Salt + Baking Powder + Baking Soda + Splenda (Optional) & mix well.
- In half cup milk add Vinegar + Vanilla Essence
- Add the Dates mixture to the flour + 1/2 cup milk. Stir well
- Now add the remaining Milk to mix.
- Add half of the Nuts
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin.
- Drizzle the remaining nuts over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 mins. (Keep checking the cake after 45 mins.)
- Insert a toothpick or knife. If it comes out clean remove from the oven.
- After 10 mins remove from the Tin
- Let it cool & then serve.
What should I make for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner?That’s the biggest question I guess most of us women encounter daily. Then be it, it’s for any meal of the day. I personally list out the items that I would prepare for the week & plan out the grocery list to make them. I believe it’s a very challenging task to plan out your grocery shopping for the whole week ensuring that what you are planning to make is everyone’s favorite and the most important thing, it’s not a repeated. The other day I realized that all the breakfast items were checked & I was left with no other variety even though the grocery stock was in plenty. I decided to try something new and different, after having a quick peek at the available material I thought of making vegetable muffins from flattened rice (Poha). Yes Poha, doesn’t that sound interesting? It was my first shot which was a big hit at home. My husband just loved it!! The veg muffins turned out to be tasty & very healthy too (Minus the Cheese J). You can make them one day in advance & serve them for breakfast the next day. You can even pack them for picnics, school or work. Hope you try it & let me know your experience.
This recipe will yield 12 cupcakes. Happy Cooking !!
- 1 Cup of Flattened rice (Poha) – crushed in blender to coarse powder
- ½ cup Chopped Potatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Onions
- Handful finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbs. Green Chilly paste
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- 1-2 tbs. Peanuts or chopped cashews
- 1 tbs. Sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbs. Cheese (Optional)
- 2 sachet of Eno (Fruit Salt)
- 2-3 tbs. Olive Oil (Optional- If you are a diet conscious skip it or add around 1-2 tsp)
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbs. Yogurt
- Cheese for Topping(Optional)
- Any Sauce of your choice to top the muffin
- Cup Cake Liners
- Cup Cake pan for 12 cup Cakes
Note: You can use any veggies of your choice. Adding Chopped Carrots, Corn would also taste great.
- In a bowl Mix the Flattened rice powder + Potatoes + Onion + Green Peas + Cilantro + Chillies + Salt + Sugar+ Peanut.
- Add 3 tbs. of Yogurt + 1 cup of water. Mix well and let it rest for around 10 to 15 mins.
- 5 mins. past pre heat the Oven at 180 ° C or (350 ° F).
- After 15 mins. add the remaining 1 tbs. yogurt + ½ cup water + Oil & empty the 2 eno sachet into the mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of water & mix well.
- Arrange the cupcake liners into the cake pan.
- Drop equal proportion of the mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle some cheese & Bake it for 30 – 35 mins (Until golden)
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan & let it cool for 15 mins.
- Top it with your choice of sauce & serve.
Soya bean nugget is one of the healthiest dishes that my family loves. I bet no one can eat just one. It can be eaten as a starter, main course or just as a munching snack. I assure you will love the way it tastes. It is a rich source of proteins & is very healthy for the body.
• Mini Soya Nuggets – 200 grams
• Dry Kashmiri Chillies – 4 – 5
• Kasuri Methi – 3 tsp
• Curd – 1 ½ cup
• Maggi Tastemaker cubes – 3-4
• Salt to taste
• Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
• Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
• Chaat Masala – 1 Tsp
• Garam Masala – ½ Tsp
• Ginger – 1 inch (Make Paste)
• Garlic – 10 cloves (Make Paste)
• Oil – 1 ½ tbs (I used Olive oil)
For the Red Chilli Paste:
1. Soak the Red chillies in Hot water for some time until they turn soft.
2. Remove the chillies & grind them to a fine paste.
For the Soya Nuggets:
1. Boil water (ensure that your utensil is big enough. A lot of froth tends to come up while we boil soya nuggets)
2. Once the water starts to boil at the peak add all soya nuggets.
3. Remove all the froth that comes up with the help of a spoon
4. Boil the nuggets until they are completely soft ( boil for around 5 mins)
5. Drain all the water and wash the nuggets with cold water
6. Squeeze all the water from the nuggets(In small quantities press the nuggets between your palms to remove all the water)
For the Marinate:
1. Whisk the curd in a bowl.
2. Add the Red chilli paste + Garlic Paste + Ginger Paste + Red chilli powder + coriander powder + Chaat Masala + Garam Masala + Maggi Tastemaker (crush it & then add) + Salt.
3. Mix the Marinate well.
4. Add the Soya Nuggets to the above marination. Mix well
5. Let it marinate for at least half an hour (More the Marination time better it will taste)
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Add the nuggets to the pan when the oil heats up.
3. Cook till all the curd water dries up. (Keep stirring to avoid burning)
4. Add the kasuri methi. Cook for more 2-3 mins
5. Serve Hot
Healthy food can be delicious too!! O yes I prepared these zero oil chana masala without compromising on the taste. It turned out to be really delicious. All my family members just love it and it is prepared quite often now.
- 250 gms boiled chickpea
- 1 tsp tea leaves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 – 5 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 – 5 dried red chillies
- 2 tsp dried pomegranate seeds
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chana masala
- 3 – 4 chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- Boil Chickpea with tea leaves, soda, salt (Pressure cooker) .
- Then stir fry the following ingredients:
- Coriander, cumin seeds, black peppers, fennel seeds, carom seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, red chillies and pomegranate seeds. To this, add a pinch of asafoetida.Grind the masala to a fine powder.
- Take some chickpeas (around ½ bowl) and grind them to fine paste.
- Add rest of the boiled peas to a pan, add water until they are soaked (start to cook on slow flame); Add ginger garlic paste. Then add the chana masala + the grinded masala powder + the pea’s paste .Add some chopped chillies to this. Cook for a total of 20 to 25 minutes. Finally add the tamarind paste and mix well before you serve.