Orange kheer is one of the most quickest,easiest & tasty recipe that I have made. I made this on my vacation for my family members, I stayed at Ramgarh completely disconnected from urbanization & very close to the nature , surrounded by the hills & greenery all around. It was basically a digital detox for me. I love to cook on my vacation and destress myself.
So my menu for the day was Veg Cheese balls & Cutlets for starters , Biryani & Raita for main course & Orange kheer for dessert.
There were a few oranges that were left & a lot of milk in the fridge. It just struck me make a sweet dessert for all. I just followed my instinct to make this kheer. It turned out great. My family just had one word “Awesome”.
2 Oranges (Remove the skin & seeds) and cut into small pieces
10 tsp Sugar
120 gms of paneer (grated)
1ltr whole milk
1 tsp of soaked rice (raw)
1. Make a paste of the soaked rice (you can use cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup of milk. I used rice paste since cornflour wasn’t available)
2. In a heavy bottom pan boil the milk + sugar over medium to high heat. Keep stiring to prevent the burning of milk.
3. Boil the milk till it reduces to half its quantity
4. Add the half of the grated paneer & the rice paste.
5. When the milk becomes a little thicker Add rest of the paneer to it.
6. Boil for more 5-10 mins.
7. Once the kheer is cooled refrigerate it for at least 1 hr.
8. Add the oranges and a bit of orange zest to the kheer.
9. Again refrigerate it for couple of hrs.
The kheer tastes much better when it is served chilled.