Following the tradition I have always baked cakes in the Oven. To watch the cake bake for 30 mins at times really tries my patience. Always wondered If I could quicken this process. Yesterday I tried baking this Mini Black Forest cake into the Microwave. Believe me the cake was ready in 5.30 mins..It did turn out soft & fluffy.. But only 1 thing that I observed is that it tastes much better if it is refrigerated for 5-6 hrs..(Absorbs moisture & becomes softer)I hope you guys too try it and enjoy the cake.
EGGLESS MICROWAVE BLACK FOREST CAKE
• All Purpose Flour – 1¼ Cup
• Powdered Sugar – ¼ Cup
• Baking Soda – 1/2 Tsp
• Baking Powder -1 Tsp
• Coco Powder – 1 Tsp
• Wet Ingredients: Butter – ⅓ Cup
• Condensed Milk – ½ Cup
• Vanilla Extract – 1 Tsp
• Vinegar – 1 ¼ Tsp
• Milk – ½ cup (Luke warm)
• Oil for Greasing the Bowl
1. Whipping Cream – 1 ½ cup
2. Powder Sugar – 3 – 4 Tsp.
3. Vanilla – 1 tsp
4. Red Cherries – ½ tin
5. Sugar Syrup – you can use the Cherry syrup from the tin
6. White Chocolate Shavings
For the Cake:
1. Grease a Microwave Safe bowl or container with sufficient oil. I used 2 bowls since I wanted to make mini Black Forest cakes
2. Beat Butter & Condensed milk in a bowl for around 2-3 mins until it is fluffy
3. Add sugar to it & whisk for 2-3 more mins.
4. Add Vanilla + Vinegar & mix well.
5. Add ½ the milk mix well & then add the other half. Keep this wet mixture aside
6. In a separate container, sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda & mix well.
7. Add the flour (in parts) into the wet ingredients & mix well.
8. Pour the Batter into the 2 containers (Divide into equal qty. Please ensure that the container is big enough since the cake double up in quantity)
9. Microwave the cake for 6 minutes (1 bowl at a time). Mine was done in 5:30 minutes and my microwave is of 900 watts. Check with a toothpick at about 5:00 if it comes out clean, cake is ready. If not, microwave for another 30 second.
10. Take the cake out and let it cool to room temperature. Then turn it upside down on plate.
For the icing
1. Make sure that cream is chilled
2. In a bowl add the chilled cream and start to whip the cream using a beater. When the cream reaches a soft peak add the powdered sugar & vanilla.
3. Whip further until it reaches the stiff peak.
4. Refrigerate the cream for around 10 mins. The whipping cream is ready!!
5. Cut cake into three layers horizontally. Transfer the layers to a plate.
6. Apply a wee bit of cream in the center of the turn table and place the bottom most cake layer
7. Brush some sugar syrup over the cake. Now add a dollop of cream and spread a good ½ inch layer
8. Place some cherries (Remove the seeds & chopped).Place another layer and repeat.
9. Now for the final layer take a big dollop of cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! Make a thin layer. Now place this in the freezer for 30 mins.
10. After 30 mins, add a good dollop of cream to it and spread using a spatula or a long knife/palette knife and give a good finishing.
11. Now add the remaining cream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe with circular motion on top which makes rosettes.
12. And pipe and lift on bottom.
13. Sprinkle White chocolate shavings all over sides and top.
14. A cherry on the top of each rosette.