While Surfing the net I came across this interesting recipe of Whole wheat cake. I felt it worth giving it a shot. I prepared it with some of my personal modification. It turned out just awesome. No one could ever tell you if it is made from whole wheat & that too without any sugar added to it. Yes all natural sugar. This cake stood true to the regular one, it had the moistness, taste. It is healthy, guilt free & tasty. We rarely get all the 3 combination Healthy, Tasty, Guilt Free.
- 1 ⅓ cup Whole Wheat flour
- 325 gms. Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Butter (Room Temp)
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1-2 tbs. Splenda (Optional.)
- A pinch Salt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 ½ cup Warm milk
- 3-4 tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ½ cups Any Nuts (Walnuts, Almonds, Cashew, and Pistachio etc.)
- Pulse the Dates in a blender (Keep the consistency as per your preference. I completely crushed them)
- Pre-Heat Oven at 180 ° C or (350 ° F).
- In a bowl Add butter + Oil & Flour. Rub it with hands and ensure that the flour is moist.
- Add Cocoa powder + Salt + Baking Powder + Baking Soda + Splenda (Optional) & mix well.
- In half cup milk add Vinegar + Vanilla Essence
- Add the Dates mixture to the flour + 1/2 cup milk. Stir well
- Now add the remaining Milk to mix.
- Add half of the Nuts
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin.
- Drizzle the remaining nuts over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 mins. (Keep checking the cake after 45 mins.)
- Insert a toothpick or knife. If it comes out clean remove from the oven.
- After 10 mins remove from the Tin
- Let it cool & then serve.
One of my favorite tea time bites is the carrot cake. It comes out perfect every time and has a delectably amazing flavor of all spice along with the light & spongy texture. The best bet is that it is sugar free & you don’t really have to count the sugar calorie count. Here goes the recipe. Hope you enjoy making it.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup grated Carrot
- ¾ cup Splenda (or any other sugar free powder)
- 1 tsp chai powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup Luke warm milk
- 2 tbs walnuts chopped finely
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius
- Sieve all-purpose flour in a bowl, Add Salt + Baking powder + Baking Soda + Spice powder(Chai & cinnamon) + Splenda + grated carrot + walnuts. Whisk all these together.
- Mix yogurt + oil in a separate bowl, whisk together to combine.
- Pour the above wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix & combine well. Add milk & vinegar to the batter (Start by adding half the quantity of the milk & then add the rest based on the consistency. It shouldn’t be very thin)
- Grease the cake tin with oil
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and place it inside the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins
- Check the cake with a skewer after 25 minutes by poking it in. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. If not, keep for some more time.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and let it cool. Then using a knife, loosen the edges, and take the cake out. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or frost it with some cream cheese frosting and enjoy the light & spongy carrot cake with tea, coffee or just as it is!