Red Velvet Cup Cakes
Red velvet cake is my family’s all time favorite.Especially my niece, She just loves the taste of it. I made these for my office colleagues & friends. They all savored it to the fullest.There’s hardly anybody who can refuse these delectable cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of cream cheese frosting. I have replicated this recipe from Ruchi Bharani.
For the batter:
1 cup plain flour
200 gm of condensed milk
1 tbsp coco powder
2 tbsp red food coloring
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
2 tbsp butter (softened at room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the frosting:
1/4 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
200 gm cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup icing sugar
To make the batter:
– Take a bowl and place a sieve over it in.
– Add the all purpose flour, milk powder, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and put them through the sieve.
– Take another bowl, add the condensed milk, soft butter, vanilla extract and red food coloring in it and whisk them well.
– While whisking the above mixture, start adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk to it simultaneously.
– After the whisking process, add the baking powder and soda bicarbonate to the mixture.
– Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and whisk the mixture again.
To make the cupcakes:
– Use an ice-cream scoop to fill the paper cups with the batter.
– Once the batter is filled into the paper cups, immediately put them into the oven and bring down the temperature to 180 degrees.
– Make sure the oven
– After around 15-20 minutes, get the cupcakes out of the oven and poke in a skewer in one of the cupcakes. If the skewer comes out clean, your cupcakes are ready.
– Place the cupcakes on a cooling rack and allow them to cool down completely.
To make the frosting:
– Take a bowl and add some butter (room temperature) and whisk it for about 30-40 seconds.
– Add a packet of cream cheese and cut in into small pieces in order to whisk them them.
– Whisk the butter and cream cheese and simultaneously start adding the icing sugar to it.
– After whisking, add the vanilla extract, clean the sides of the bowl with the spatula and whisk all the ingredients again.
– The cream cheese frosting is ready.
– Take a piping bag, put a nozzle in it and fill it with the cream cheese frosting.
– After filling the piping bag with the cheese frosting, keep it in the refrigerator until the cupcakes completely cool down.
For icing the cupcakes:
– Take an apple corer and make a hole in the center of the cupcakes.
– Snip the tip of the piping bag and fill the center of the cupcake with the cream cheese frosting and also swirl around some of the frosting.
– Sprinkle some colored sprinkles over the cupcakes.