10th April was my brother’s birthday, I prepared the Eggless Tiramisu cake . And trust me it was a big hit. And soon after that my family was invited to a cousin’s place for house warming, so I decided to make the cake again. I got a lot of compliments. They couldn’t believe it was made by me. It tasted as if it was bought from a patisserie shop. I hope you people too try it & let me know how did it turn out. Here goes the Recipe!!! Trust me its a fool proof recipe & you cant go wrong.
Tiramisu is ready in around 4-5 hours. But is is suggested to refrigerate it overnight for a better taste.
For the Cake
1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
1/2 cup Condensed milk
1/3 cup Butter (Room Temperature)
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (or depends how sweet your want the cake to be
1 tsp Vinegar
1/2 cup Milk (Make sure it is at Room Temperature else your cake will be ruined )
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Frosting
4 tbs powdered sugar
1 cup Chocolate Shavings
3 packets for Cadbury Choco pops (Optional – for garnishing). You can also use nutties or any other chocolate for decoration
340 gms Mascarpone Cheese (Made mine @home, Click the image for the recipe)
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup choco chips
around 1/4 cup Coco powder 1 cup black coffee or expresso
1. Preheat Oven at 180C
2. In a bowl sieve Plain flour + Baking powder & Baking Soda and keep it aside
3. In a separate bowl mix butter & condensed milk till it becomes fluffy & smooth
4. Add Sugar & mix well
5. Add Vanilla extracts and Vinegar to it
6. Add half of the milk & mix well. Then add rest of the milk to it
7. Now Add the dry flour mixture little by little (dont add the whole lot at one go) to the wet mixture. Mix well till it combines well
8. The batter should be at a dropping consistency
9. Pour the batter in a greased(7″ to 9″ Cake pan.
10. Place the tray on the middle rack in the preheated oven
11. Bake for 30-35 mins (Keep an eye when the cake starts leaving sides & the color starts changing)
12. Insert a toothpick in the center , If it comes out clean the cake is done.
13. Remove the cake from the oven . Let it rest for 5 mins. Then turn it upside down on plate.
14. Let it completely cool.
For the Frosting
1. Combine Mascarpone + sugar and whip.
2. Add whipped cream to above whipped mixutre and fold in slowly until combined and set aside.
3. Cut cake into three layer horizontally. Transfer the layers to a plate.
4. Apply a wee bit of cream in the center of the turn table and place the bottom most cake layer
5. Brush some coffee syrup over the cake. Now add a dollop of cream and spread a good ½ inch layer.Sprinkle chocolate chips,Chocolate shavings & Coco powder(with the help of a strainer).Place another layer and repeat..
6. Now for the final layer take a big dollop of cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! Make a thin layer. Now place this in the freezer for 30 mins.
7. After 30 mins, add a good dollop of cream to it and spread using a spatula or a long knife/palette knife and give a good finishing.
8. Sprinkle Coco powder ,Chocolate shavings. Place the chocolate balls. Or decorate as you like
9 Refrigerate overnight and serve the dessert